Tuesday, March 30, 2010

1/3 of the way, whether measured by # of days or # of miles

Somewhere between Ft. Hancock and Van Horn, TX today we put 1000 miles under our wheels since leaving San Diego. At day 17, we are 1/3 of the way to 50. Alanis was singing in my ears saying she recommends biting off more than you can chew. I agreed with her. I certainly do.
West Texas cacti and mountains ---->



This stuff, along with some other magical balms, is becoming quite popular lately:















Behind me, in order, Jon, Diane, Mickey, R.O., and Phil ------------------------>









For Garrett and any other SBSP fans














Jon and I were racing down I-10 in excess of 35 MPH. It's OK, though, because the speed limit here is 80.

Tonight we are camping at Eagle's Next RV campground in Van Horn, TX. I've been paying more and more attention to the RVs lately. Grandma, it might me time to buy one of these bad boys!!!

4 comments:

  1. How does that compare to the total miles you rode last year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey... why do you look tired and worried in that picture? Good news: Harrison Ford has agreed to star in a movie about your bike ride. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tired, worried (taking pictures while riding a bike on rough road), sun burnt and wind burnt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like you are getting plenty of sun. Are you using plenty of sunscreen? Love you!

    ReplyDelete